Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fuel Hike :Breaking the hearts of Sabahan

Talking to the government is like talking to a brick wall. But instead of getting a “hello” as an echo, you get “reasons i should not say hello” in return as an echo.

I’m a Sabahan and i’ve studied and lived in KL for roughly 2 years during 1999-2001. I am now earning a leaving in my home town in Kota Kinabalu. I know the government have been virtually shouting at refining the public transport. But in comparing KL and KK, I find that the public transporation here in KK is supercalifragilisticly terrible(sorry to exagerate but those who’ve been here or living here should know).

Now with the super-price-hike of fuel, things have became more difficult. I’m not going to use statistics and such but purely from a view of a local resident of the state of Sabah. Hell, i won’t even go to the things which rural Sabahans are going through. I’ve been hearing the good and the bad of subsidies. OK~! Fair enough if all arguments are presumably true, YET, the fact remains Sabahans are way behind. Even a politician friend said that Sabah was the second poorest country in Malaysia (next to Kelantan) and were governed by BN and we even won them the election(in a way).

Back to the fuel hike, it’s already difficult on the salary side that most Sabahans are earning RM700 - RM1000 per month. Even with a degree, you’d be lucky to earn RM1500. I even have friends earning RM450 per month and he has a Diploma in Culinary Arts. Also we (who work) needs transportation, hence we buy a car (and kancil as the most probable transport solution). Earning that small amount and coping with the sudden hike of the oil price is really depressing and I do think Sabahan really feel this(if not, they wouldnt cue up from 6:30pm for fuel after the announcement). I am personally hurt myself. Maybe it’s true that the richer will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

If the plight of the people(not only Sabahans but Malaysians as a whole) is falling on deaf ears, then i think it’s time to voice our plight to “new ears”. I personally fell aggitated, aggrieved, mad, and etc at the sight of the picture our our “beloved” PM on the news today. If ensuring a rich goverment is his motive, why on earth did we put him in power for? If a new mechanism or a new scheme is not derived to meet the needs of the needy, then “Bye Bye”~!
The things i’ve said here are of my personal views. I can’t think of a reason why we are not been taken care for. Really sad and depressing. Petronas, the government, and etc. If they took and compiled all those seconds, minutes and hour they used to talk about how “cheap” our fuel is compared to other countries and used it to help the people in anyway, i’m sure there are smiling faces out there (even if there were only 10). Now they have a whole nation showing the mid finger to them.

Thanks for reading my plight.

No comments: